5 Tips to Help Your Child Do Better in School



Children having a hard time in school are usual real-life scene, and as parents, we want to assure that we are on their side to make things easier for them. There many ways that can help your kids to successful schooling.

Tip #1 Study Together


http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
Kids and parents reading and reflecting together are fond to look at. More than this, children are having more fun when they study at home with their parents as their tutor. This is an interactive form of teaching. Spending time with each other opens the door for communication. Moms and dads may keep updated with their child's status or progress and know the flow of their child's lessons, activities, habits, and behavioral patterns. Hands-on teaching raises the morale of your kid as he or she develops the feeling of being guided and secured. Since children strongly believe or listen to their parents because of their nature relationship, the teaching-learning process runs smoothly. Active parental involvement in educational matters indeed aids students as well as teachers.

Tip #2 Serve as a Motivator

Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
There is a need to encourage your son or daughter to implement good study habits and inform them the value of education. Show them your support by asking what they have learned in the academe rather than be conscious of how well their grades are. It would put pressure away if they know that you are after the learning than the grade itself. Whenever they receive achievements, praise them and celebrate it with family. Some of these things aren't easy to do, more so in the busy world today. And so I salute those who can still lend a helping hand to their children despite our demanding preoccupations in life.

Tip #3 Prepare Healthy Foods


http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
To be able to have a sound study session, your physical and mental states should be in good condition. Always remember that you are what you eat. So, ingesting nutritious and balanced diet will surely make your body and brain work out well. Meal boosters can really enhance the functioning of your body systems. Only that, choosing the right kind of food to eat is necessary. Therefore, give your kids what is only the best. "Foods for thought" and energy backers like dark chocolate, green leafy vegetables, fish, nuts, berries, whole grains, green tea, oysters, honey, beans, cereals, and pumpkin and sunflower seeds can really rev up their engine. Why don't you make these stuffs your first preference to refuel your children? These can be of great assistance to your kids in carrying out their responsibilities in school or even in exceeding their current performance and accomplishments.

Guide for Preparing Real Food For Healthy Kids

Download an eBook todayReal Food for Healthy KidsYou can use this E-Book titled Real Food for Healthy Kids as your guide or resource for wholesome and healthy meals. Real Food for Healthy Kids features more than 200 easy-to-make recipes for school days and weekends, including breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, and even parties. Whatever recipes you choose, this indispensable cookbook is sure to become the resource you turn to every day for years to come. Equal parts cookbook, nutrition guide, daily menus, party planner, and parenting guide, Real Food for Healthy Kids will get your kids engaged in eating, happily and healthfully for a lifetime.



Tip #4 Lead Off Time Management


Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
Managing time is essential to have a sensible yet light atmosphere. Allow your kids to have ample time to review notes and do homework. Formulate the most appropriate schedule when to start and end what tasks must be done. Don't let them spend too lengthy hours as they may feel bored and exhausted. Lack of time, contrarily, can make them unequipped in a battle. Additionally, kids normally enjoy playing as part of their growth and development. Let them undergo the natural course.


Tip #5 Be the First Teacher

Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images
Parents should initially establish an enriched home learning environment. As I ponder, the feeling was unexplainable when all my kids learned how to read and write thru me. Until now, they never forget that I was their first teacher, and I consider it a valuable trophy. I can still picture out the glee in their faces when they first uttered pusa (cat), bahay (house), daliri (finger), avocado, Panasonic, card, stars, Dora, among others. Apart from this, dads and moms should be a good model of virtues that kids should acquire and develop. Isn't the foundation of one's personality originates from home? Many say that you are the reflection of how your parents raised you.

8 comments:

  1. My daughter is still a toddler, and I'll be putting these tips in mind as we also plan to home school her.

    "Isn't the foundation of one's personality originates from home? Many say that you are the reflection of how your parents raised you."

    I totally agree! If I remember it right, one Psych book said that 85% of our personality was formed during the first 5 years of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nova! Yes, I believe that too. I have kids age 10 and 9, and I am trying to mold them in good christian values to be responsible children and students. I am not a perfect parent, but I am trying my best. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Every tip is really perfect! I have a 5yr old girl and despite of my work, I see to it that I'm hands-on with her studies. We as parents need to help them as they continue to explore and learn. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Irene. I'm glad you find this article helpful for your 5 year-old daughter. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty excited for Jacob to start school. Although I dread when the time would come that he'd ask me math questions which I am not very good at. I can't wait to pick him up from school, do homeworks with him, and reward him with good healthy home-made snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to sassymomonthego Mom Roxi :). First day of school of my kids were one of my most unforgettable day with them. I still remember their excitement, anxiety, and curiosity. About Math, just google it--like I always do.

      Delete
  4. I am quite guilty with all 5. As an expat, life is not a walk in the park. We are always working. We have little time together. Until now, I am still trying to make everything works like my schedule, studying with my daughter, cooking, and play time. Sometimes, I wish I am super rich. I don't have to work and just be with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mitchelle, don't feel guilty, I'm sure your kids would understand. I was an office employee before and my husband, an OFW--my life was like a roller coaster taking care of them single-handedly while working at the same time. I just couldn't served 2 masters, thus I prefer to be a WAHM.

      Delete